Friday, November 30, 2012

Preparing for Winter

It warmed up enough yesterday that I was able to get several miniatures primed!  This should keep me busy at least four a month or two while the weather is cold!  In the past, we used the Winter months as gaming time since it is normally too cold to paint, but with the start of my new army, or rather my older army that I never got around to painting, I really want to have a sizable force completely painted so I can play.  I do have several boxes of Assault Terminators that I can assemble; however, I am waiting a little bit to see what the new Codex: Dark Angels contains so I have a better idea of what options I want to assemble them with.

In other Games Workshop news, two new releases hit the shelves tomorrow!  The first is a campaign supplement for Warhammer 40,000 called Crusade of Fire and the second is The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey strategy game!  I am very excited for both of these.  I ordered the campaign book as it appears it is a very limited release and will be picking it up tomorrow or Sunday.  As for the Hobbit, I may wait on this.  The starter set contain Thorin's Company and the denizens of Goblin Town which include the awesomely grotesque Goblin King!  Ever since I saw the old b-movie Troll 2 and red Goblins in the Castle, I've carried a flame for goblins and the goblins in the set are awesome.  I might try to split the starter box with someone or order the goblins piecemeal from the internet.

Back to the WH40K campaign book, I've been pestering the manager at the local GW to start a campaign at the shop and this seems to be the perfect excuse!  I read an article in White Dwarf or on the GW site about a guy who modelled/based his Fantasy units with details to show the campaigns they had taken part in.  This really inspired me and I am going to work on a couple of units during the campaign to show that they have fought across the Daemon infested, Chaos corrupted landscape.  I cannot wait to take part in this campaign!

I promise I will have a proper camera to take pictures with.

No comments:

Post a Comment