Monday, November 26, 2012

Too Cold to Prime

I completed my goal for November and was able to complete a squad of Terminators.  I decided to get a leg up on my December goal and work on my Space Marine Rhino.  I am both happy and sad to say that I was able to finish it in an afternoon's work.  I must say, the Rhino went together with ease and I had no troubles at all.  The only issue I am running into is that it is too cold to prime the model.  I'm going to try to heat up my garage with a space heater and try out the primer on a test model.

To bolster my Space Marine force, I was able to get my hands on a Battle Force for well below the sticker price on Amazon.  This will really help to build a strong foundation for my army giving me a combined total of four Troop squads.

On to other gaming news.  I started assembling the contents of the Dwarf Warrior and Quarreller boxes.  The Quarrellers rank up a bit wonky, but that is due to my inexperience assembling RaF units.  I was able to take what I learned and applied it to the Warrior models.  They rank up beautifully.  In both of the Warrior and Quarreller boxes, there are models that have a cape.  I plan to take these models and arm them with great weapons and model the mask/visor from the Warrior kit to make my Long Beards.  They look very regal and noble with the capes and helms and I think they will stand out on the table.

To date, I am doing well on sticking to my If it isn't painted, it doesn't play policy; however, it has been hard, especially with the sheer number of models that go into a WHFB army.  There are roughly thirty models in a 500pt force which means at my current rate of painting, it could take me three months or more to get those painted and on the table!  I plan to continue working on my Dwarfs, assembling and painting them after I have finished working on my project for the month.  Ideally, I would like to have an army completed that I am able to use to participate in the next Escalation League at my local Games Workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment