Friday, December 7, 2012

Final Countdown

With three weeks left in 2012, I've been keeping my promise and meeting my goal of completing a unit/vehicle a month.  Seven days into December, I have this months model, a Space Marine Rhino, completely base coated and several highlights added to it.  I think with a few additional highlights and some weathering, I'll have this completed before the month is even half over.  I have been simultaneously painting a Space Marine Dreadnought, and I must say, it has been a pleasure to paint and is turning out to be a really nice looking model.  With the 60mm base, it opens up the opportunity to create a nice scenic base.  I added some wreckage to the base and it gives the model a lot of character.  I can see myself assembling several more Dreadnoughts, if not only to create scenic models.

There has been a lot of talk at the local Games Workshop about starting up a 40K Escalation League at the end of January, so I have been working on a 500pt list to start things out.  I really want to play using Codex: Dark Angels; however, it is an older list and Codex: Space Marines has most all of the same options, only cheaper and sometimes better.  Rumor has it that a new book for Dark Angels will be released in January.  At this point, I am up in the air on which book to use.  Regardless, my January model is a little ambitious, well, for me at least.  I plan on completing a Razorback with a five man Tactical Squad and my army's warlord,  Chapter Master Nuriel of the Dominions.

Back story of the Chapter to come . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment