Monday, December 9, 2013

Back in Black!

It's been a while since I've posted anything on my Blog.  A lot has been going on in the past few months between getting married and buying a house.  Things are finally settling down and I've been able to get back into the hobby.

Last month, the Escalation League started up again at my local Games Workshop and I was able to get some good games in using my Dark Angels.  Last month I was able to get back into painting and even won the monthly painting contest at the store by submitting a Razorback.  This month's contest is being done Secret Santa style.  I drew a White Scar player's name so I've thrown together a Chaplain on a bike for him.  I'm really happy with how the model has turned out so far and I am looking forward to painting it up.  I'm even thinking of making a similar model to add to my Dark Angels.

As far as progress on my Dark Angels, I've been hard at working building and painting up a solid core.  However, to keep myself from getting bored or burnt out, I've been building and painting one model at a time and painting whatever the mood strikes me at that time.  It's worked out well so far.  I've been able to put a few miniatures out that past month, including a Whirlwind, Razorback, and a few Tactical Marines.  I have a primed Dreadnought from Assault on Black Reach that I am going to paint up after I finish painting the Chaplain.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment