Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vengeance is Coming

This coming Saturday, the new Codex: Dark Angels will be released.  I have to say, I am pretty excited for its release.  I've always liked the Dark Angels models and background.  Two years ago, I decided to sell off my rather large Imperial Guard force.  The army was just getting to be too much to play, assemble, paint, and lug around.  I decided at that point that I wanted to play a small, elite force.  The Deathwing fit the bill to perfection.  I took the funds from the sale of my IG and loaded up on Terminator Squads and Venerable Dreadnoughts. 

Now here we are, two years later and the new codex is just days away and everything I've heard about the new Deathwing units has me excited.  There are three rumored (mostly confirmed) choices for Deathwing Terminators; Deathwing Terminators, Deathwing Terminator Command Squads, and Deathwing Knights.  To start, there is the standard Deathwing Terminator Squad.  If past precedents hold true, they will be armed with Storm Bolters and Power Fists.  There will be options to upgrade one Terminator to carry a Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon, Assault Cannon, or the Cyclone Missile Launcher.  Any Terminator in the squad can switch out there Power Fist and Storm Bolter for a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield or Twin Linked Lightning Claws at an additional cost.  If rumors are correct, you should be able to purchase up to five additional Terminators making a ten man squad.

Next up is the Deathwing Terminator Command Squads.  In the current 4th Ed Codex, if you included Belial in your army, one Terminator Squad could be upgraded to contain a Company Standard and an Apothecary.  In the upcoming book, you will be able to purchase a Command Squad for each Terminator HQ that you include.  These Squads can be outfitted in a similar fashion to the standard Deathwing squads and the squad Champion will be able to include a special Power Weapon call the Halberd of Caliban.  Rumor has it listed as a cheaper version of a Power Axe.  The squad will also include a Company Standard and an Apothecary.

The final and newest Deathwing unit is the Deathwing Knights.  These are the most elite Deathwing Terminators and are armed with a Mace of Absolution and a Storm Shield.  They're listed with a host of special rules which are rumored to grand them Fearless and Preferred Enemy: Chaos Space Marines.  I cannot wait to read up on this unit.

I have big plans for expanding my army and I look forward to keep this blog alive and full of great information.


No comments:

Post a Comment