Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Progress!





I'm getting close to completing the Dark Vengeance Tactical Squad.  I had originally planned to hard line the Power Armor but I didn't like the look of it.  I went back on the models and drybrushed the armor the same color I had hardlined them with and I really like the way it turned out.  The armor is significantly brighter; however, with the white emblems and the red gun casings, I think it looks great.  This scheme will transfer over quite well to my Terminators and any vehicles I decide to paint.

Here is a list of the paints I've used in the current Citadel Paint Range.

Power Armor:
Base:  Castellan Green
Shade:  Athonian Camoshade
Layer 1:  Elysian Green
Drybrush:  Underhive Ash

Icons/Emblems
Base:  Dawnstone
Layer1:  Administratum Grey
Layer 2:  White Scar

Gun Cases
Base:  Khorne Red
Shade:  Carroburg Crimson
Layer 1:  Evils Sunz Scarlet
Drybrush:  Kindleflame

Robes
Base:  Zandri Dust
Shade:  Agrax Earthshade
Layer 1:  Ushabti Bone
Layer 2:  Screaming Skull

Purity Seal Wax
Base:  Khorne Red
Drybrush:  Kindleflame

Purity Seal Paper
Base:  Ushabti Bone
Shade:  Seraphim Sepia
Layer 1:  Screaming Skull
Layer 2:  White Scar

Leather
Base:  Steel Legion Drab
Shade:  Agrax Earthshade
Layer 1:  Skrag Brown
Layer 2:  Balor Brown

Cape
Base:  Naggaroth Night
Shade:  Nuln Oil
Layer 1:  Xereus Purple
Layer 2:  Genestealer Purple

Lenses
Base:  Zamesi Desert
Layer 1:  Yriel Yellow
Layer 2:  Flash Gitz Yellow

1 comment:

  1. Again your work is great. This squad looks like it has seen some rough battles.

    I like your recipe inclusion. Can you add plasma weapon color recipe? I am trying to figure out a good blue recipe.

    ReplyDelete